Privacy and Cookies
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- 1. To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- 2. In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including full postal address, to the following address:
UK Office Direct Ltd
48 Artillery Lane
What cookie types do you use?
There are various types of cookies used on our site which perform different functions, such as remembering which items you have placed in your shopping basket, identifying and resolving errors on the site or analysing your browsing behaviour to enable us to deliver a more personalised service.
To order products on our site and to make full use of our personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes.
Please note that cookies cannot harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site.
However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from ukofficedirect.co.uk, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Below, we have set out the four categories of cookies that we use on our websites. These cookies are:
These cookies are essential in order for you to move around the website and to use the secure areas of the site. We use these cookies to remember your login for you and what items you've added to your shopping basket. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used to advertise products or services to you or remember where you’ve been on the internet.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website. If you disable them you will not be able to order products or services on our website, nor can we guarantee your security during your visit.
These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for instance which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. All the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve our website, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. In some cases these cookies are managed for us by third parties (see full list of cookies below) but we do not allow these other parties to use the information collected other than for the reasons already described.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website. If you disable these cookies we cannot guarantee how the site will perform for you.
These cookies store information about your visit to our site in order that we can gauge usage and develop the site accordingly. These cookies will also remember the previous settings, selections and choices you make so that you don’t have to re-enter details every time you shop with us. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you’ve been on the internet. Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties (see full list of cookies below) but we do not allow these other parties to use the information collected other than for the reasons already described.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of having an account with ukofficedirect.co.uk. If you disable these cookies we cannot guarantee how the site will function for you.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers (see full list of cookies below) who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes - in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. If you'd like to opt out, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website.
If you decide to disable these cookies this may prevent us from offering you certain services on ukofficedirect.co.uk.
- To make sure your logged in areas are secure
- To remember what’s in your shopping basket
- To remember how far you are through the checkout process
- To recognise you when you return to our site
- To speed up your searches
- To estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
List of cookies used
Strictly necessary cookies
- ASP.NET_SessionId – this a cookie that is required for our system to run
- BIGipServerukod_pool – this a cookie that is required for our system to run
- Code – stores information about the website that you arrived from, e.g. Google.
- Google Analytics (__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz) – cookies that help record which pages on our website you have visited
How do I manage my cookies?
If you would prefer we did not collect data by this method, you can disable this function within your browser settings. You can also modify the settings in your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and to delete any pre–existing cookies.
Please note, however, that some cookies are essential in order for you to shop on our website, and in the event you do reject cookies this may impair the performance and functionality of the website.
For further information on deleting and controlling cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- About Us
- Place an Order
- How do I search and browse for items?
- How do I use your Ink & Toner finder?
- How do I place an order?
- How do I use the shopping basket?
- How do I use e-coupon & promotional codes?
- How To Pay
- How do I register as a customer?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How can I receive a VAT invoice?
- How do I make a payment to my business credit account?
- What is your returns policy?
- How do I return a purchase?
- When will I receive my refund?
- My order is missing an item - what do I do?
- My Account
- What is My Account?
- How can I manage my account information?
- How do I submit a query or issue about my order?
- Terms & Conditions