DDR3 memory provides additional features:
- New DDR3-1600 Registered DIMM (RDIMM) support for maximum memory bandwidth
- 50% memory capacity increase with the new 32GB Load Reduction DIMM (LRDIMM).
DDR3 DIMM comparison
- Registered DIMMs offer higher capacities, memory register support, address error detection
- New Load Reduction DIMMs (LRDIMMs) support maximum capacity
- Unbuffered ECC DIMMs (UDIMMs) offer lower price points, smaller capacities, basic ECC
HP 16GB (1x16GB) DDR3-1600 ECC DIMM. Internal memory: 16 GB, Memory layout (modules x size): 1 x 16 GB, Internal memory type: DDR3, Memory clock speed: 1600 MHz, ECC